Elizabeth from Queen of his Castle has given me this lovely award. Thank you!! (Update: Just found out that Jess from Polka Dots, Pearls, and Pink...OH MY! also gave me this award!)
Here's what I have to do...
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
Danke Elizabeth! (And thanks Jess!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- I LOVE dogs - especially big ones. I want a dog so bad I can hardly stand it, but I'm determined to be an amazing dog parent, so I'm waiting until I'm home more (aka after football season).
- My eyebrow is pierced - I've had it since I was 19 (got it done in Germany) and I feel like I'm too old for it and should take it out (I take it out for work daily), but it's become a defining part of me, so I can't let go of it just yet...
- I was a bartender in a dive bar in Clemson for 2.5 years while in grad school - the Sloan St. Tap Room, owned by Frank Howard's son. It didn't pay well and I didn't make much money... but it was the best job I've ever had. When I win the lottery I'm going to move back to Clemson and work there the rest of my life.
- I went to Hoover High School - the same school in the MTV reality show '2 a days'. I graduated with over 800 people in my class. I saw people walk across the stage on graduation that I had never seen before in all four years of high school. I often wonder if I would be a different person if I had gone to a smaller or private high school.
- I am ketchup obsessed and put ketchup on everything - steak, mac & cheese, most vegetables and other foods that make people stare at me strangely. Whenever I go out to eat with friends they race to get the ketchup before me because I usually empty it. :)
- I would love to go back to school and get a PHD - but going back to being broke and giving up four years of my life to studying makes this idea go quickly out the window.
- I'm a pretty decent bowler - highest score was a 212 and I usually average about 170. Growing up in Alabama there wasn't much to do except four wheel in the woods or go to the bowling alley. I played in my company's league for two years and I have my own bowling ball and shoes. It's pretty nerdy, but I love beating my guy friends who think they are masters at bowling. I usually shut them up. :)
(This was hard to pick just 9! I am brimming with inspiration from so many blogs! Look at how fast and how long my blog roll lists are growing in my right column --->)
- Let's Be Preppy
- Sweet Carolina Girl
- Brown Eyed Belle
- Nautical by Nature
- This Free Bird
- La Dolce Vita
- The Bottom of the Ironing Basket
- Red Vines for Breakfast
- Desperately Seeking Seersucker
And then the super sweet Andrea from Life in Dawleywood gave me this award... thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Describe where you will be in 10 years...
Wow.. I'm not sure where I'll be in 5 years, let alone 10... and geez in 10 years I'll be knocking on 40's door.
I guess I'd like to be married and have two cotton top kids. I will not be working in the corporate world any longer - but traveling the world with my family as I make appearances and sign my bestseller books... which all began of course from the novel I write based on this blog....which of course was a bestseller instantly. I'll also be finalizing the screenplay based on the novel which is being made into a big blockbuster movie - set to premiere at Cannes. The hot, young blonde actress of that time will be playing my character. Charleston Girl Barbie dolls are the big Christmas gift that year - stores can't keep them on the shelves -- and they're selling on Ebay for at least $300. I'll be in the best shape of my life, because I'll have a personal trainer, nutritionist and cook...of course. I'll be the spokes model for the latest wrinkle creme campaign and I'll own and run about five charities - one of them dog focused of course. And I'll be in talks with Bravo to star in the newest Real Housewives series - The Real Housewives of Charleston. But despite all the fame and fortune I'll be basking in... I'll still be blogging...on this blog... and being inspired and sending inspiration to bloggers all over the world.
I pass this award along to...
**Thanks again for the blog love ladies!